Good sperm donor guide
Safety and Courtesy
How to be a good Private sperm donor in the Uk
- Do not do the dirty on recipients….EVER.
- Have standards.
- Be as honest as you can be.
- Go with your instinct on recipients.
- Do not donate for malicious reasons eg racism, egotism, sex mad or you can’t get a woman in the real world…
- Learn about ovulation and timing.
- Do not approach recipients who you can not travel to, want your ethnicity, age group etc
- Do not repeatedly post on websites or groups (better to remove/delete old posts)
- Be weary of female admins of FB groups and websites
Images and Description
- Do not send pictures of your donor kids to recipients or post them on the web (donor kids have a right to privacy too).
- Do not exchange images with other donors or recipients
- All images exchanged between you and the recipients should be truthful and you should have permission to use.
- Do send recipients a recent picture of yourselves ie taken within the last 12 months.
- Make sure that your description of yourself is accurate
First Meeting and Subsequent Meetings
- Always meet somewhere the recipient will feel comfortable and safe
- Be on time for meetings, if you can’t make it or you are running late keep them informed.
- Do not attempt to coerce the recipient to change donation method at any point.
- Do not bring anyone to any meeting they do not expect
- Make sure you have recent up to date fertility and STI tests (offer to show these at initial meeting).
- If you are doing Natural Inseminations get new STI tests after before each new recipient and the results confirmed before donating.
- Advise recipients on safety aspects and keep their safety in mind at all times.
- If the recipients asks how frequently you donate, how many donor kids you have or are expecting or how many you would like….be truthful as you can.
- Do respect a recipient’s right to change her/their mind at any time without giving you a reason
- Respect recipients privacy.
- Do not ask for expenses to be paid until AFTER you have produced the donation.
- Do not contact recipients any more than they expect or agreed to.
- Do not promise to donate for siblings if you have no intention to do so
- Do keep in touch with other sperm donors for up to date info.
- Do not troll other sperm donors.
- Do not pump and dump.
- Do Not hassle recipients for results of 2 week wait, scan pictures, progress reports etc
- DO REALISE BEING A GOOD DONOR TAKES EFFORT, DISCRETION, UNDERSTANDING AND PATIENCE